Spintex Medical Center: aims at promoting the health and well- being of the local population by providing accessible, high-quality medical care for people of all ages as well as providing services that will exceed the expectations of our patients, resulting in a successful and profitable business in Accra.
The medical centre is located on the main Spintex road, one of the busiest roads in Ghana. Spintex is a central business hub with thousands of companies and people.
The Spintex Medical Centre: with technical support from the partners endeavors to strengthen the Ghana health system as well as providing jobs for the unemployed. The efforts of the medical centre are to complement government’s position of ensuring the populace is served with quality health care and employment.
Health systems in Ghana still fall short of providing accessible, quality, comprehensive and integrated care. As the global health community is setting ambitious goals of universal health coverage and health equity in line with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, there is increasing interest in access to and utilization of primary health care in low- and middle-income countries like Ghana.
General objectives of the Project:
The objectives of Spintex Medical Centre include:
* To provide safe, secure, and high quality medical care.
* To foster excellent health professionals who will lead into the future.
* To support and develop community health and medical services.
* To promote advanced medical care and disseminate it to the parts of Ghana and Africa at large.
* To make available in Ghana a modern, well-equipped and efficient health care facility that provides a much higher standard of patient care than what was previously available to women and children.
* To serve as an example to others and thus encourage national as well as international initiatives to invest in health services in other to improve the overall welfare of the nation.
* To make available to women and children enough beds for Obstetrical, Neonatal care and general patient care, including Incubators for premature babies.
* To make available to women Pre-Natal and Post-Natal outpatient services, as well as immunization for women and children.
Our Top-Notch Facilities:
The absence of decent healthcare infrastructure has also tremendously inhibited the ability of the nation to provide citizens with suitable medical care. There are various charitable organizations that serve to improve the healthcare of communities in need, however many of these traditional humanitarian groups aim to provide aid during times of crisis and do not necessarily focus on improving overall healthcare in a permanent capacity.
Access to health facilities and services is prudent to ensuring high living standards among the population hence, irrespective of one’s geographical and socio-economic circumstances, access to quality health care must be a basic service. However, the situation has been poor in the Ghanaian context, particularly for both rural and urban dwellers. In recent times, there have been little research to ascertain barriers to geographical access to healthcare particularly, in rural areas. It was found that the factors inhibiting access to health facilities and services by the rural populace are multidimensional and somewhat related ranging from physical accessibility problems, low income levels, low technological issues, high illiteracy, among other factors.
he effects of the situation are numerous including complications during birthing, increased infant and maternal mortality, teenage pregnancies and high rate of social vices.
It has therefore been the nation’s desire to create a health system that places the client at the centre of health care and ensures continuous improved measurable health outcomes. More specifically, this means stronger leadership and coordination to address identified gaps inhibiting improved patient care and outcomes.
Spintex Medical Centre: has established for itself an ultra-modern facility to carry out health care services. Services that will be rendered by the centre will include; general & specialist consultation, endoscopy, orthopedics, pediatrics, telemedicine, obstetrics & gynecology, x-ray, ultrasound, alternative medicine, pharmacy laboratory, private recovery services etc.